ADVIT stays for Association for Development, Voluntary Service and Information for Youth. “Without borders” means “no boundaries” and also “without limits”.
ADVIT is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization, started by and for young people, to involve Moldovan young people, with and without professional experience, into programmes at national and international levels in the fields of education, culture, ecology, historical heritage protection and helping disadvantaged people, by contributing to the development of a more peaceful society, to the decrease of social injustice.
ADVIT started as an initiative in 2002 by organizing week end work camps, involving youth with disadvantage background and international volunteers. In 2004 ADVIT was officially registered by Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova and was acknowledge as non-profit in January of 2007.
In 2007 ADVIT was accepted as an Associate Member of ICYE Federation. The International Cultural Youth Exchange (ICYE) that is an international non-profit youth exchange organization promoting youth mobility, intercultural learning and international voluntary service. ICYE organizes long and short-term exchanges combining home stays with voluntary service in a variety of community service projects in more than 37 countries around the world.
The ICYE Federation is a participating member of: United Nations Economic and Social Council – ECOSOC (Consultative Status), United Nations Department of Public Information, DPI-NGO Committee, UNESCO (Official Operational Relations), UNESCO NGOs Liaison Committee, European Commission, Directorate General Education and Culture – Youth Unit, World Council of Churches (working relations as international ecumenical organization), Co-ordinating Committee of International Voluntary Service (CCIVS).
Our main goals are:
- to promote dialogue and contact between young people from all over the world;
- to create favorable conditions for cooperation between youth from different cultures and nations;
- to develop the spirit of volunteerism among youth
- to provide information and youth education according current aspects of Europe;
- to inform youth in such spheres like: education, culture and social activities;
- to create and coordinate youth exchange programs;
- to study national cultural-history heritage of Moldova;
- to promote health style of life between youth
- to develop youth mobility tourism.